CSE 101: Design and Analysis of
- First day of class is January 9th in the Price Theater.
- Discussion sections are Wednesdays 3:00-3:50pm and
4:00-4:50pm in MOS 0113. Please feel free to attend whichever
section is most convenient for you.
- Please remember to compete the FinAid survey on canvas by
the end of the second week of class.
- Exam 1 will be in class on Friday, February 3rd.
- Exam 2 will be in class on Friday, February 17th.
- Exam 3 will be in class on Friday, March 10th.
- Final exam will be in Price Theater Wednesday, March 22nd 11:30am-2:30pm
: CSE 101 will covers the basics of the
design and analysis of algorithms with a focus on non-numerical
algorithms. We will cover general algorithmic techniques such as
divide and conquer, greedy algorithms and dynamic programming. We
will also discuss some important graph algorithms as well as
NP-completeness and techniques for dealing with it. In the process
of doing so, we will investigate several important algorithms such
as sorting, shortest paths and longest common substrings. Time
permitting we may also cover additional topics such as linear
programming, number theoretic algorithms and quantum computation.