I'm a first year Ph.D. student in the Department of Computer Science and Engineering (CSE), University of California, San Diego (UCSD). I'm a member of System Energy Efficiency Lab (SeeLab) working with Professor Tajana Šimunić Rosing. Before entering UCSD, I received my B.S. degree from School of Electronics Engineering and Computer Science (EECS), Peking University (PKU) in 2018.
You can find my cv here.
- Internet-of-Things (IoT) and Smart Cities IoT offers a new way of linking physical world and virtual world together. I'm fond of how to deal with all those signals gathered from real environment and what can we do with these data. Things become complicated when it comes to smart cities, thinking about large wireless sensor networks with good reliability and limited power consumption. But it's always worthwhile to think about what can we bring to our daily environments with more powerful computational mobile platforms.
- Ubiquitous Computing (Ubicomp) Ubicomp means letting small computers "disappear" into our daily lives. This idea is very fascinating because it represents the future of humans' lives. To really achieve this future, it's necessary to consider not only the massive amount of data generating in every location in real-time, but also the relationship between computers and human beings. Ubicomp is about HCI, but should be more than HCI.
- Embedded Systems towards Specific Applications Embedded Systems are specific systems designed for certain applications, usually integrated into larger systems or environments. It's always exciting for me to build a dedicated system for certain users by designing a circuit and making use of every computational as well as memory resources on that small board. But anyway, the first thing is to find the right user, the right time and the right location.
- Xiaofan Yu, Runze Yu, Jingsong Yang, Xiaohui Duan, "A Robotic Auto-Focus System based on Deep Reinforcement Learning", International Conference on Control, Automation, Robotics and Vision (ICARCV), 2018.
- Daniel Fong, Xiaofan Yu, Jiageng Mao, Mahya Saffarpour, Rami Abueshsheikh, Prashant Gupta, Alejandro Velazquez Alcantar, Eric Kurzrock, Soheil Ghiasi, "Restoring the Sense of Bladder Fullness for Spinal Cord Injury Patients", IEEE/ACM Conference on Connected Health: Applications, Systems and Engineering Technologies (CHASE), 2018.