CSE (EBU3B) 3144
Unversity of California, San Diego
La Jolla, CA 92092
Tel(office): +1 858-534-8173
"The only way to predict the future is to invent it" ---- Alan Kay
I am currently a software engineer in Google. I received my PhD from UC San Diego in 2014 and was working in the Systems and Networking Group under the supervision of Professor Alex Snoeren and Professor Geoff Voelker. I obtained my M.S. (Computer Engineering) from UCSD in Feb 2010 and B.ENG (Computer Science) with first class honors from School of Computer Engineering, Nanyang Technological University, Singapore in Jan 2006 (completed courses in 3.5 years under the Accelerated Bachelor Program). From Feb 2006 to Feb 2008, I worked as a project officer in Center for Multimedia and Network Technology (CeMNet), Nanyang Technological University. Since Sep 2008, I am in UCSD for my graduate study.
- Wireless Systems
- Mobile Computing
- Data Center Architecture
- Network Security
- CSE 200 Computability and Complexity (Prof. Russell Impagliazzo, Spring 2012)
- CSE 227 Computer Security (Prof. Stefan Savage, Winter 2012)
- CSE 202 Algorithm Design and Analysis (Prof. Ramamohan Paturi, Fall 2011)
- CSE 223B Distributed Computing and Systems (Prof. Alex Snoeren, Spring 2011)
- CSE 221 Operating Systems (Prof. Geoff Voelker, Fall 2010)
- CSE 222B Internet Algorithmics (Prof. George Varghese, Winter 2010)
- CSE 250A Principles of Artificial Intelligence (Prof. Lawrence Saul, Fall 2009)
- ECE 257A Multi-user Communication Networks (Prof. Tara Javidi, Fall 2009)
- ECE 258B Digital Communications (Prof. Laurence Milstein, Spring 2009)
- ECE 273 Convex Optimization & Application (Prof. Gert Lanckriet, Spring 2009)
- ECE 159B Queuing System II (Prof. Elias Marsy, Winter 2009)
- ECE 257B Principles of Wireless Networks (Prof. Anthony Acampora, Winter 2009)
- ECE 258A Digital Communications (Prof Laurence Milstein, Winter 2009)
- ECE 159A Queuing System I (Prof. Elias Marsy, Fall 2008)
- ECE 250 Random Process (Prof. Robert Lugannani, Fall 2008)
- ECE 267 Wireless Embedded Networks (Prof. Curt Schurgers, Fall 2008)
- Feng Lu, Hao Du, Ankur Jain, Geoffrey M. Voelker, Alex C. Snoeren, and Andreas Terzis, "CQIC: Cross Layer Congestion Control for Cellular Networks ", to appear in the 16th International Workshop on Mobile Computing Systems and Applications (HotMobile), Santa Fe, NM, Feb, 2015.
- Feng Lu, Patrick Ling, Geoffrey M. Voelker, Alex C. Snoeren, "Enfold: Downclocking OFDM in WiFi ", published in the 20th ACM Annual International Conference on Mobile Computing and Networking (MobiCom), Maui, HI, Sep, 2014.
- Feng Lu, Geoffrey M. Voelker, Alex C. Snoeren, "Managing Contention with Medley", IEEE Transactions on Mobile Computing (Accepted, to appear).
- He Liu, Feng Lu, Alex Forencich, Rishi Kapoor, Malveeka Tewari, Geoffrey M. Voelker, George Papen, Alex C. Snoeren, George Porter, "Circuit Switching Under the Radar with REACToR", published in the 11th ACM/USENIX Symposium on Networked Systems Design and Implementation (NSDI), Seattle, WA, Apr, 2014.
- Haifeng Lu, Feng Lu, Chuan Heng Foh, Jianfei Cai, "LT-W: Improving LT Decoding with Wiedemann Solver", IEEE Transactions on Information Theory, Vol 59, Issue 12, Dec, 2013.
- Feng Lu, Geoffrey M. Voelker, Alex C. Snoeren, "SloMo: Downclocking WiFi Communication", published in the 10th ACM/USENIX Symposium on Networked Systems Design and Implementation (NSDI), Lombard, IL, Apr, 2013.
- Feng Lu, Jiaqi Zhang, Stefan Savage, "When Good Services Go Wild: Reassembling Web Services for Unintended Purposes", published in the 7th USENIX Workshop on Hot Topics in Security (HotSec), Bellevue, WA, August 2012. (Reported by MIT Technology Review)
- Feng Lu, Geoffrey M. Voelker, Alex C. Snoeren, "Weighted Fair Queuing with Differential Dropping", published in the 31st Annual IEEE International Conference on Computer Communications (INFOCOM) mini-conference, Orlando, FL, 2012.
- Feng Lu, Diba Mirza, Curt Schurgers, "D-Sync: Doppler-Based Time Synchronization for Mobile Underwater Sensor Networks", published in the Fifth ACM International Workshop on Underwater Networks (WUWNET), Woods Hole, MA, 2010.
- Diba Mirza, Feng Lu, Curt Schurgers, "TB-MAC: Efficient MAC-Layer Broadcast for Underwater Acoustic Sensor Networks", published in the IEEE International Conference on Intelligent Sensors, Sensor Networks and Information Processing (ISSNIP), Melbourne, 2009.
- Feng Lu, Sammy Lee, Jeffrey Mouzer, Curt Schurgers, "Low-cost Medium-Range Optical Underwater Modem", published in the Fourth ACM International Workshop on Underwater Networks (WUWNET), Berkeley, CA, 2009.
- Feng Lu, Chuan Heng Foh, Jianfei Cai, Liang-tien Chia, "LT Codes Decoding: Design and Analysis", published in the 2009 IEEE International Symposium on Information Theory (ISIT), Seoul, Korea, June, 2009.
- Lijuan Geng, Feng Lu, Ying-Chang Liang, Francois Chin, "Secure Multi-path Construction in Wireless Sensor Networks using Network Coding", published in the 19th IEEE International Symposium on Personal, Indoor and Mobile Radio Communications (PIMRC), Cannes, France, Sep, 2008.
- Feng Lu, Liang-Tien Chia, Kok Leong Tay, Wai Hoe Chong, "NBgossip: an Energy-efficient Gossip Algorithm for Wireless Sensor Networks", Special Issue on Selected Best Papers from IEEE MASS, Vol. 23, No.3, Journal of Computer Science and Technology, Springer, May, 2008. (Invited Submission)
- Feng Lu, Lijuan Geng, Liang-tien Chia, Ying-chang Liang, "Secure Multi-path in Sensor Networks", in the 5th ACM Conference on Embedded Network Sensor Systems (Sensys), Nov, 2007.
- Feng Lu, Liang-Tien Chia, Kok Leong Tay, "Neighborhood Gossip with Network Coding Based Message Aggregation", in the 4th IEEE International Conference on Mobile Ad-hoc and Sensor Systems (MASS), Oct, 2007. (Accepted as extended paper: 12 out of 265).
- Feng Lu, Liang-Tien Chia, "Gossip-based Computation of Average: a Closest Point Search Approach", in the 1st IARIA/IEEE International Conference on Sensor Technologies and Applications (SENSORCOMM), Oct, 2007.
- Feng Lu, Liang-Tien Chia, "Multimedia Web Services for an Object Tracking & Highlighting Application", in the 13th ACM International Multimedia Modeling Conference (MMM), Jan, 2007.
- Journal reviewers: Elsevier Computer Networks, IEEE/ACM Transactions on Networking, International Journal of Communication Systems (IJCS), IEEE Transactions on Computers, IEEE Communication Letters.
- Conference reviewers: IEEE ICC, IEEE PIMRC, IEEE ISIT, IEEE ISTC, IEEE ICME.