For project 1 (building a web server) we’re going to be using either C or C++. If you’re feeling a bit rusty (or haven’t been exposed to C or C++ thus far), you can take some online training via “PluralSight”.
PluralSight is an online MOOC where you can watch some videos on how to program in C++, C++ fundamentals, and C++ language features. The online courses take a few hours to complete, and come with companion code, exercises, etc.
To access this resource:
- Visit https://app.pluralsight.com/paths/skills/c-plus-plus
- Click “Log in” on the top-right of the screen
- Click “Sign in with company or school”
- Put “www.ucsd.edu” in the search box and click “Sign in”
- Enter your campus AD login information (associated with your @ucsd.edu email, not your @eng.ucsd.edu email)
- You will see three tracks of online modules: beginner, intermediate, and advanced. Feel free to explore as few or many of these as you’d like.