- May 21
- The final due date for the homework assignments has been extended by
one week: the new due date is June 4.
- For the final exam you will be allowed to bring two 8.5" by 11"
sheets of paper with writing on both sides.
- May 15
- On HW3 problem 2(b), I forgot to mention that you need to
L1-normalize each kernel, i.e. divide each filter by the sum of its
absolute values. The corrected version is now posted on the main
page. (Thanks Josh.)
- May 13
- The final exam is confirmed for Thursday, June 13, 3:00-6:00pm, in
207 Center Hall.
- May 1
- The little p's in HW2 problem 5(a) should be big P's. The ps/pdf
files onthe web page have been updated with this correction.
(Thanks to Satya and Junwen for pointing this out.)
- May 1
The rows of the A matrix in the eight point algorithm are as follows:
[xr*xl, yr*xl, xl, xr*yl, yr*yl, yl, xr, yr, 1].
- Apr. 30
For the algorithm EUCLID_REC in T&V (page 166), the method for resolving the
sign ambiguity is incorrect. The subparts of part 4 (a and b) should be switched.
That is, E should be updated before T is updated. If they are not done
in this order, the error introduced by the incorrect E will not be resolved
and the algorithm will loop indefinitely.
Also a helpful hint is to make sure that P and p are not confused...this
will lead to errors that are very difficult to decipher. (From Josh.)
- Apr. 29
The book has a mistake (T&V page 156) in that the process for undoing
the normalization is missing a transpose. The correct equation should
be F_bar=(Hr)T * F * Hl. This is the way it is presented in Hartley's
paper. If this transposition is left out, the translation will be in
the y-direction rather than in the x-direction and the lines will be
off by a little. (From Josh.)
- The p_i and d in the 2nd to last line of T&V Exercise 7.6 are
missing a hat and a bar, respectively. (Thanks to Josh and Bianca for
- Apr. 18
- For those of you looking to bone up on eigenvalues and singular
values, I put a link to a neat article by Cleve Moler
of the Mathworks on the Matlab "eigshow" demo.
- According to Studentlink, the final exam will be Thursday, June 13, 3:00-6:00pm.
- Apr. 14
- In HW1, problem 7, the function "imreshape.m" should be
"reshape.m". (Thanks to Satya for pointing this out.)
- Apr. 10
- Please put "CSE 252" in the subject line when e-mailing me with
questions about the course.
- Apr. 7
- I decided to drop problem #9 (on SVD line fitting) from assignment
#1. It might reappear on a later assignment, however. If you already
did it, or would like to do it anyway, you can have some extra credit
points for it.
- Apr. 4
- The grading and course policies are now available on the main
course web page; please read them carefully and contact me if you have
- Please join the class mailing list by sending
an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with the
body of the message as follows:
subscribe cse252 email@example.com
- Apr. 2
- The third row of the camera projection matrix I wrote on the board
today was incorrect: please see T&V p. 39 for the correct entries
(modulo a sign factor).
- Handout on Matlab posted on course web page. This is not a
required assignment, but it is recommended if you have not used Matlab