We are going to be using Python 3 throughout this course. If you don’t already know Python, or if you’re feeling a bit rusty, you can take some online training via PluralSight.
PluralSight is an online course where you can watch some videos on how to program in Python. The online courses take a few hours to complete, and come with companion code, exercises, etc.
To access this resource:
- Visit https://app.pluralsight.com/paths/skills/python
- Click “Log in” on the top-right of the screen
- Click “Sign in with company or school”
- Put “www.ucsd.edu” in the search box and click “Sign in”
- Enter your campus AD login information (associated with your @ucsd.edu email, not your @eng.ucsd.edu email)
- You will see three tracks of online modules: beginner, intermediate, and advanced. Feel free to explore as few or many of these as you’d like. The beginner series should take 12 hours total, however the getting started video is only 3 hours, and the fundamentals video is about 5 hours.