- Dec. 3
- On the final exam you are allowed to bring a calculator and two sheets of 8.5" by 11" paper with writing on both sides. For example, you can bring your note sheet from the midterm plus one more.
- The previous years' midterms and finals are available under the ``Handouts'' headings here and here for you to study.
- Nov. 26
- Typo! In the lecture on Nov. 26, the expression for the decision boundary of the minimum distance classifier should not have mi+mj inside the norm. The correct expression is dij(x)=xT(mi-mj) - 0.5(||mi||2+||mj||2). (Thanks Julie Lambert.)
- Nov. 14
- Serge will be out of town on Monday; his Monday office hrs. are cancelled and the lecture will be given by Sameer.
- Nov. 10
- Due to Veterans Day, Serge's Tuesday's office hours will be moved to Thursday 4:45-5:45pm.
- Please bring your graded midterms to class or drop them off at Serge's office; we need to re-grade problem 4.
- Nov. 5
- The point value for midterm problem 4 was changed from 25 to 15. The new total possible midterm point value is now 60.
- The statistics on the midterm are as follows: mean = 35, standard deviation = 13, low = 7, high = 60.
- Nov. 4
- hw5 will be posted Mon. Nov. 10 and due Wed. Nov. 19.
- hw6 will be posted Weds. Nov. 19 and due Wed. Nov. 26
- hw7 will be posted Weds. Nov. 26 and due Fri. Dec. 5.
- There will be no hw8.
- Oct. 28
- Due to the campus closures, the deadline for hw4 has been moved from to Friday 3pm.
- Oct. 20
- Homework cover sheet [pdf]
- Guidelines for Matlab exercises [txt]
- Oct. 13
Here is a writeup of the convolution theorem from last Friday's lecture: [pdf].
- Oct. 7
- Next week Prof. Belongie will be attending ICCV'03; the lectures will be given by Sameer Agarwal.
- Oct. 6
- Oct. 3
- Oct. 1
- Piotr prepared a helpful note on linear shift invariant systems.
- Sept. 26
- Grading and course policies posted on main web page: please read
carefully and contact me or the TA if you have any questions or need
- ACS computing account slip: if you did not pick one up at the beginning of class, please contact the TA.
- The signup page for the class mailing list is at http://graphics.ucsd.edu/mailman/listinfo/cse166-03.