He "Lonnie" Liu
Founder of Shanhu Tech Inc.
Ex-Google/Alphabet/Loon software engineer
Computer Science Ph.D graduate, UCSD
Tsinghua Yao class alumnus
- 2021 - present Founder, CEO, Shanhu Tech Inc.
- 2017 - 2021
Senior Software Engineer,
Security and Privacy Lead
- 2015 - 2017 Software Engineer, Google/Alphabet.
- Summer 2010 Intern, Microsoft Research Redmond.
Worked on Trusted Sensors
- 2008 - 2009 Intern, Microsoft Research Asia.
Worked on Sora
- 2009 - 2015
Computer Science and Engineering,
University of California, San Diego
Proudly advised by Geoffrey M. Voelker and Stefan Savage.
- 2005 - 2009 B.S. / Yao Class, Computer Science and Technology, Tsinghua University, Beijing
- Scheduling Techniques for Circuit/Packet Networks, , The 11th International Conference on emerging Network Experiments and Technologies (CoNEXT),
- Circuit Switching Under the Radar with REACToR, , 11th USENIX Symposium on Networked Systems Design and Implementation (NSDI),
- Software Abstractions for Trusted Sensors, , The Tenth International Conference on Mobile Systems, Applications and Services (MobiSys),
- Verilogo: Proactive Phishing Detection via Logo Recognition, , UCSD Technical Report CS2011-0969,
- Click Trajectories: End-to-End Analysis of the Spam Value Chain, , Proceedings of the IEEE Symposium and Security and Privacy,
- On the Effects of Registrar-level Intervention, , Proceedings of the USENIX Workshop on Large-scale Exploits and Emergent Threats (LEET),
- Sora: high-performance software radio using general-purpose multi-core processors, , Communications of the ACM,
- SAM: Enabling Practical Spatial Multiple Access in Wireless LAN, , The 15th Annual International Conference on Mobile Computing and Networking (Mobicom),
- Sora: High Performance Software Radio Using General Purpose Multi-core Processors, , Proceedings of the 6th USENIX Symposium on Networked Systems Design and Implementation (NSDI),
- 2019 USENIX Test of Time Awards
Jacobs School Alumni Fellowship.
UC, San Diego
My hometown is
It snowed a lot when I was young.