Peng Huang (Ryan)
Dept. Computer Science and Engineering
University Of California, San Diego
Phone: +1 (858) 633-7261
Office: EBU3B 3144
I am a n-th1 year Ph.D. student from the System and Networking Group in CSE Department, UC San Diego. My advisor is Prof. Yuanyuan Zhou. I received my B.S in computer science from Peking University during 2006-2010 and B.A. in economics from National School of Development in the meantime. My research interests lie broadly in (computer and mobile) systems, specializing in system performance and reliability. While fighting bugs is what I'm frequently doing, that's only part of the whole picture: taming the wild, hardening the fragile, fixing the broken and ultimately making systems operate as reliably and efficiently as possible are what really fascinate me. When I don't hack around, I like hiking around.
- TAing CSE 120: Principles of Computer Operating Systems for fall '14 quarter
- Our performance paper is accepted by ICSE'14
- TAing CSE 221: Advanced Operating Systems for winter '14 quarter
- Attending SOSP'13, Nemacolin Woodlands Resort, Farmington, Pennsylvania
- Our misonfiguration paper is accepted by SOSP'13
- Enjoying the rain and free beverage in MSR Redmond for the summer
- Presenting a poster about our eDoctor paper at NSDI'13
- TAing CSE 120: Principles of Computer Operating Systems for spring '13 quarter
- Performance Regression Testing Target Prioritization via Performance Risk Analysis [Preprint, Software]
Peng Huang, Xiao Ma, Dongcai Shen, and Yuanyuan Zhou. To appear in ICSE’14.
- Do Not Blame Users for Misconfigurations [PDF]
Tianyin Xu, Jiaqi Zhang, Peng Huang, Jing Zheng, Tianwei Sheng, Ding Yuan, Yuanyuan Zhou, and Shankar Pasupathy. In SOSP’13.
- eDoctor: Automatically Diagnosing Abnormal Battery Drain Issues on Smartphones [PDF]
Xiao Ma, Peng Huang, Xinxin Jin, Pei Wang, Soyeon Park, Dongcai Shen, Yuanyuan Zhou, Lawrence K. Saul, and Geoffrey M. Voelker. In NSDI’13.
- Be Conservative: Enhancing Failure Diagnosis with Proactive Logging [PDF, Dataset]
Ding Yuan, Soyeon Park, Peng Huang, Yang Liu, Michael M. Lee, Xiaoming Tang, Yuanyuan Zhou, and Stefan Savage. In OSDI’12.
- Understanding Latent Interactions in Online Social Networks [PDF]
Jing Jiang, Christo Wilson, Xiao Wang, Peng Huang, Wenpeng Sha, Yafei Dai, and Ben Y. Zhao. In IMC'10.
- A multiple user sharing behaviors based approach for fake file detection in P2P environments
Jing Jiang, Yongjun Li, Qinyuan Feng, Peng Huang, and Yafei Dai. In Science China Information Sciences, 53.11 (2010): 2169-2184
# Based on UCSD academic calendars; Assume I will graduate before 2016/09/19.