Work ExperienceResearch Assistant, in Computer Systems Hardware, UC San Diego, Jul. 2017 - Current
- Evaluating real-time applications with tight latency requirements.
- Adviser: Aaron Schulman
Collaborated with a team of engineers to develop a methodology for TCO analysis for a part of Google's infrastructure (confidential)
- Learned about how TCO is evaluated in large scale datacenters.
- Used different profiling tools such as perf, valgrind
- Understood a large in production C++ program with several dependencies and made a standalone C-like version of it which is easy to understand
- Manager: Parthasarathy Ranganathan
- Model Non-Recurring Engineering cost for different process technologies.
- Evaluating Total cost of ownership (TCO) for datacenters which use ASICs, ASIC clouds.
- Evaluating performance and power trade-offs for different architectures ranging from small application specific processors to processors designed for servers
- Adviser: Michael B. Taylor
ActivitiesPresident of `Cultural Iranian Student Association' (CISTA),
UC San Diego, 2016
Financial Director of `Cultural Iranian Student Association' (CISTA),
UC San Diego, 2014-2015
Head and Executive Director of Promotion Committee,
Sharif University of Technology
- “Sharif Cup 2012, the 1st Sharif open robotics competition”, September 26-28, 2012
- Smart Grid Conference, October 19-21, 2010
- RESANA, the Scientific and Cultural Group of students, performing all types of extracurricular activities in Electrical Engineering Department, 2012-2013