PhD in Computer Engineering, UC San Diego, 2013 - Current
- Specialization: Systems, Hardware
M.S. in Computer Engineering, UC San Diego, 2013 - 2016
- Specialization: Computer Architecture, GPA:3.97/4.0
B.S. in Electrical Engineering, Sharif University of Technology, 2008-2013
- Majoring in Digital Systems, GPA: 18.39/20.00 (3.84/4.0)
- Minor in English
High School Diploma, Physics and Mathematics, 2004-2008
- "Allame Heli" High School (NODET), GPA 19.69/20.00
NODET is National Organization for Development of Exceptional Talents
M. Khazraee, L. V Gutierrez, I. Magaki, M. B. Taylor, "Specializing a planet's computation: ASIC Clouds", IEEE Micro top picks, 2017.
M. Khazraee, L. Zhang, L. V Gutierrez, M. B. Taylor, "Moonwalk: NRE optimization in ASIC Clouds, or, accelerators will use old silicon", Proceedings of Architectural Support for Programming Languages and Operating Systems (ASPLOS), 2017.
You can find my talk on this paper here.
I. Magaki, M. Khazraee, L. V Gutierrez, M. B. Taylor, "ASIC clouds: specializing the datacenter.", Proceedings of the 43rd International Symposium on Computer Architecture (ISCA), IEEE Press, 2016.
M. Khazraee, A. R. Zamani, M. Hallajian, S. P. Ehsani, H. A. Moghaddam, A. Parsafar, M. Shabany, “A novel hardware implementation for joint heart rate, respiration rate, and gait analysis applied to Body Area Networks”, Circuits and Systems (ISCAS), 2013 IEEE International Symposium on , IEEE, 2013.
M. R. Homaeinezhad, M. Khazraee, M. Khazraee, "An Open-Source High Speed C++/MEX Framework for the Detection and Delineation of Long Duration Ambulatory Holter ECG Events: HSEDF", International Journal of Information Engineering, 2.1 (2012): 12-30.
- Teaching Assistant for Principals of Computer Architecture course
- Instructor for “Verilog” part of “Logic Circuits and Digital Systems” course (three semesters), recreated a new syllabus
- Member of design group for “Embedded Systems’ Laboratory”
- Revised lab experiments and instructions for “Structure of Computer and Microprocessors Laboratory”
- Computer Algorithms
- Web Programming
- I took responsibility for instructional and interior improvement in Microprocessor’s Laboratory, in which courses such as EE25723 (Microprocessor’s System Laboratory) and EE25776 (FPGA and ASIC Systems’ Design) were taught.
- The IEEE Biomedical Circuits and Systems Conference (BioCAS) serves as a premier international forum for presenting the interdisciplinary research and development activities at the crossroads of medicine, life sciences, physical sciences and engineering.
- Qualcomm FMA Fellowship, 2015-2016
- Fellowship for Ph.D. from University of California San Diego, 2013-2014
- Privileged project winner for “Biomedical signal processing and digital circuit implementation for wireless medical care system based on Body Area Networks (BAN)”, Electrical Engineering top projects competition, June 2012
- Scholarship for Minor in English, 2010-2013
- Ranked amongst top 0.1 percent in the Iranian Nationwide University Entrance Exam, 2008
UC San Diego
- Principals of Computer Architecture
- Parallel Computer Architecture
- Advanced Micro-architecture
- Validation and Prototyping of Embedded Systems
- Advanced Compiler Design
- Data Mining and Analytics
- Algorithm Design and Analysis
- Principles of Programming Languages
Sharif University of Technology
- Advanced Computer Structure
- Embedded systems
- Data Communication Networks
- Computer Interface Circuits
- Principles of Biomedical Engineering
- FPGA and ASIC Systems’ Design
- Microprocessor Systems’ Design