Human nature is sufficient for ethical behavior, if refined enough.
Groundlessness is ground for authentic behavior, including ethics &
effective, creative design.
Effective behavior cannot be separated from ethical
Ethnomethodology says members apply concepts & methods to account for
events in social context.
This is accountability: some group values highlighted,
Information emerges interactively through accountability in real
Groups, values & information are coemergent: each produces & sustains
- Everything in social life gets meaning through accountability relations,
- therefore has inherent ethical component.
- groups exist because members share values & information with one
- values exist because shared & communicated within groups;
- information arises as groups with shared values communicate in order to
cope with a dynamic world.