CSE 294A Spring 2004
Meaning and Computation Seminar
Unless otherwise indicated, all readings are from Theorem Proving and
- Week 1:
- Chapter 1 (intro.ps), the introduction.
- Appendix C (apxc.ps), which gives some basic mathematical background.
- The table of contents (toc.ps), to get an overview of what we could
potentially cover; chapters after 10 are mostly not yet written.
- Optional: you may find it useful to print the references (refs.ps),
- Optional: you may want to just have a look at Chapter 2 (msa1.ps), which
gives the first concepts of general algebra, and which we will read in
detail for next week.
- Week 1:
- Chapter 2 (msa1.ps), which gives the first concepts of general algebra.
- Week 2:
- Chapter 2 (msa1.ps), which gives the first concepts of
- Week 3:
- Chapter 3 (msa2.ps), more basic concepts of general
algebra, especially homomorphisms.
- Week 4:
- Skim Chapters 4 and 5, to get an overview of the shape
of the subject.
- Week 5:
- Read papers on algebraic semiotics and blending.
- Week 6:
- General lab meeting, discussion of current work on
database schema integration, etc.
- Week 7:
- Continue discussions from weeks 3, 4, 5.
- Week 8:
- Week 9:
Maintained by Joseph Goguen
© 2004 Joseph Goguen, all rights reserved
Last modified: Wed May 19 19:31:33 PDT 2004