CSE 271: User Interface Design: Social and
Community Service Projects
- San Diego county has a county run "Options for Recovery" program that
provides training, support groups, babysitting, etc. for foster families that
take drug exposed infants. They are interested in setting up a webiste. If
you are interested, Abagail Gray (firstname.lastname@example.org) can provide you
with contact information.
- The website
http://www.actionforum.com/ would like help improving its design; contact
Dana Dahlstrom (email@example.com) for details.
- The San Diego Master
Chorale is looking for help to improve their members section and
incorporating their paper newsletter. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for
- The UCSD Lesbian Gay Bisexual Transgender Resource Center wants to
upgrade its website. Contact Debbi Blake (email@example.com) for details.
- Volunteer San Diego
matches organizations with volunteers. Phone 858-4131, email
firstname.lastname@example.org. (But you will still need to get approval from
me before proceeding.)
- Another potential source for ideas is Barbara Bry at the Voice of San
Diego (a new online San Diego newspaper, Barbara.Bry@voiceofsandiego.org).
- And yet another resource is the Jacobs School of Engineering Teams in Engineering Service
- In addition, some projects were suggested that have a significant
database component. If you can team with someone who has expertise in that
area, or if you have the expertise and want to do this kind of project
(bearing in mind that the user interface design still has to be the largest
part), please contact me and I will provide details.
To CSE 271 homepage
© 2005 Joseph
Goguen, all rights reserved.
Last modified: Tue Apr 19 19:27:05 PDT 2005