CSE 171: USER INTERFACE DESIGN: SOCIAL AND TECHNICAL ISSUES
Third Quiz, 3 June 2002
Please write your answers on this sheet; be sure to write your name on it!
The following questions are all weighted equally (2 points each). Please be
- What is "memex" and who proposed it?
- State Principle F/C and give an example.
- What are technological determinism and sociological determinism?
- In Labov's structural theory of narrative, what elements may appear in
the orientation section?
- What is a local attractor, and what is an example in Andersen's phase
space approach to multimedia?
To CSE 171 homepage
Maintained by Joseph Goguen
© 2002 Joseph Goguen