CSE 171: USER INTERFACE DESIGN: SOCIAL AND TECHNICAL ISSUES
Second Quiz, 15 May 2002
Please write your answers on this sheet; be sure to write your name on it!
The following questions are all weighted equally (2 points each). Please
- Say what each of the following acronyms stands for: WYSIWYG; QBIC; MUD;
- What is the "Principle of Virtuality" and who is responsible for it?
- Briefly define Ackerman's notions of escalation hierarchy and
- Explain parallel coordinate plots and give an example.
- What is Shneiderman's "visual-information-seeking mantra"? Why is it
To CSE 171 homepage
Maintained by Joseph Goguen
© 2002 Joseph Goguen