CSE 171: USER INTERFACE DESIGN: SOCIAL AND TECHNICAL ISSUES
First Quiz, 29 April 2002
Please write your answers on this sheet; be sure to write your name on it!
The following questions are all weighted equally (2 points each). Please
- Explain some limitations of written surveys for evaluating user
- What is Shneiderman's position on the use of agents in HCI? Explain at
least two key issues.
- Say what is "tacit knowledge" and give an example.
- Say what is a "mitigated speech act," give an example, and explain why
this concept is relevant to HCI.
- Define Peirce's notion of symbol, and give an example that is relevant to
© 2002 Joseph Goguen