CSE 171: USER INTERFACE DESIGN: SOCIAL AND TECHNICAL ISSUES
First Quiz, 12 April 2001
Please write your answers on this sheet; be sure to write your name on it!
The following questions are all weighted equally (2 points each). Be
- Describe reductionism, and say what is its relevance to HCI.
- Who invented the mouse and where did he work at the time?
- Say what is "tacit knowledge" and give an example.
- Say what is "iterative design" and what is its relevance to HCI.
- What is the first of Shneiderman's "Eight Golden Rules"? Also briefly
describe one important way that it can be achieved in practice.
© 2001 Joseph Goguen