CSE 130: Principles of Programming
Notes: Be sure to reload this page, because it may have been
updated. Readings for more than 5 days in advance are subject to change. The
notes to the texts are mainly intended as supplements rather than as
explanations or commentaries.
- Due 6 January:
- Due 13 January:
- Read the New York Times
story on the Ariane 5 rocket failure, and at least skim the full official report for the key technical
details; there are also pdf versions of the first and second items.
- Pages 25-53, Chapter 2 of Sethi and the associated notes - however, you may skip the material on attribute
grammars, and skim the material on denotational semantics.
- Due 20 January:
- Pages 55-80 in Chapter 3 of Sethi and the associated notes.
- Due 27 January:
- Chapter 4 of Sethi, pages 101-146, and the associated notes.
- Due 3 February:
- Pages 147-171 of Chapter 5 of Sethi and the associated notes.
- Due 10 February:
- The rest of Chapter 5 of Sethi, pages 172-203, and the associated notes; you may just skim the material on displays at the
- Pages 80-100 in Chapter 3 of Sethi and the associated notes.
- Due 17 February:
- Pages 205-252, from Chapter 6 of Sethi, and the associated notes, but you may skim 6.4.
- Due 24 February:
- Pages 301-340, Chapter 8 of Sethi and the associated notes.
- Due 4 March:
- Due 11March:
Some basics on using BinProlog 4.00 are at ../230/pl/binpro.html, which also has a link to
the BinProlog 4.00 manual.
To CSE 130 homepage
Maintained by Joseph Goguen
© 2000 - 2004 Joseph Goguen
Last modified: Sat Mar 13 19:41:17 PST 2004