Email: fuyeda (a) cs (dot) ucsd (dot) edu
Frank is a graduate of the Computer Science and Engineering department at the University of California, San Diego. He completed his Ph.D. with the Systems and Networking group under the direction of Prof. George Varghese and Prof. Amin Vahdat in June 2011.
Frank also completed his Master's degree in Computer Science in June 2006 at UC San Diego with Prof. Vahdat and Prof. Andrew Chien in conjunction with the OptIPuter Project. His Master's research focused on usage models for dynamically-configurable optical networks.
In addition, Frank earned his B.S. in Computer Engineering from UC San Diego in June, 2004. As an undergraduate, he was named as a Cal-(IT)2 Scholar and graduated Summa Cum Laude.
- David Eppstein, Michael T. Goodrich, Frank Uyeda, George Varghese. "What's the Difference? Efficient Set Reconciliation without Prior Context", In Proceedings of the ACM Special Interest Group on Data Communications (SIGCOMM), Toronto, ON, Canada, August 2011. (paper)
- Frank Uyeda, Luca Foschini, Fred Baker, Subhash Suri, George Varghese. "Efficiently Measuring Bandwidth at All Time Scales", In Proceedings of the 8th Symposium on Networked Systems Design and Implementation (NSDI), Boston, MA, March 2011. (paper)
- Simon Schubert, Frank Uyeda, Nedeljko Vasic, Dejan Kostic. "Bandwidth Adaptation in Streaming Overlays", In Proceedings of the 2nd International Conference on COMmunication Systems and NETworkS (COMSNETS), Bangalora, India 2010. (paper)
- Frank Uyeda, Diwaker Gupta, Amin Vahdat, George Varghese, "GrassRoots: Socially-Driven Web Sites for the Masses", In Proceedings of the 2nd Workshop on Online Social Networks (WOSN), Barcelona, Spain, August 2009. (paper)
- Simon Schubert, Frank Uyeda, Nedeljko Vasic, Naveen Cherukuri, Dejan Kostic, Antony Rowstron "Bandwidth Adaptation in Streaming Overlays", EPFL Technical Report, NSL-REPORT-2008-003. (link)
- John Douceur, Jacob Lorch, Frank Uyeda, Randall Wood, "Enhancing Game-Server AI with Distributed Client Computation", In Proceedings of the 17th International Workshop on Network and Operating Systems Support for Digital Audio and Video (NOSSDAV), pages 31-36, Urbana, IL, June 2007 (paper)
- Jeffrey Pang, Frank Uyeda, Jacob Lorch, "Scaling Peer-to-Peer Games in Low-Bandwidth Environments", In Proceedings of the 6th International Workshop on Peer-to-Peer Systems (IPTPS), Bellevue, WA, February 2007 (paper)
- Frank C. Uyeda, A Comparison of Models of Use for Dynamically Configurable Optical Networks. Thesis (M.S.)--University of California, San Diego, 2006.
- N. Taesombut, F. Uyeda, A.A. Chien, T.A. DeFanti, P. Papadopoulos, J. Leigh, M. Ellisman, and J. Orcutt, "The OptIPuter: High Performance, QoS-Guaranteed Network Service for Emerging E-Science Applications", IEEE Communications Magazine, Vol 44 No. 5, May 2006, pp. 38-45. (link)
- Frank Uyeda, Huaxia Xia, Andrew Chien, "Evaluation of a High Performance Erasure Code Implementation", UCSD Technical Report CS2004-0798. (link)
- Simon Schubert, Frank Uyeda, Dejan Kostic, and Antony Rowstron "Enabling Bandwidth Adaptation in Streaming Overlays", NSDI 2008 Poster Session (poster)