Research Teaching Papers Book
Address: University of California, San Diego
Computer Science & Engineering Department
9500 Gilman Drive, Mail code 0404. La Jolla, CA 92093-5004, USA
Phone: (858) 822-2577. Fax: (858) 534-7029
I am a professor in the Computer Science & Engineering department at the University of California, San Diego. I am a member of the Cryptography and Security group and the Theory of Computation group. My research interests include:
- Algorithms, Complexity and cryptographic applications of lattice and coding problems
- Symbolic analysis of cryptographic protocols (formal methods for computer and network security)
- Many other topics in cryptography (e.g., zero knowledge proofs, cryptographic primitives with special properties)
See research projects and publications web pages for more information about my research. If you want to know more about lattices and their cryptographic applications, take course CSE206A: Lattice Algorithms and Applications (usually offered every two or three years) or read my book Complexity of lattice problems: a cryptographic perspective.
Most recent papers (full list)
- Fast Lattice Point Enumeration with Minimal Overhead - with M. Walter, Submitted ePrint
- Improved Short Lattice Signatures in the Standard Model - with L. Ducas, CRYPTO 2014 doi ePrint
- Locally Dense Codes - CCC 2014 eccc.
- Hardness of SIS and LWE with Small Parameters - with C. Peikert, Crypto 2013. doi ePrint. Invited to special issue of J. Cryptology
- An Equational Approach to Secure Multi-Party Computation - with S. Tessaro, ITCS 2013. pdf doi.
- Algorithms for the Densest Sub-lattice Problem - with D. Dadush, SODA 2013, pdf doi.
- Editorial Board member of Information and Computation
- Guest Editor of Journal of Computer and System Sciences (FOCS 2003 special issue)
- Program Committees: FOCS 2001, FOCS 2003, TCC 2004, Eurocrypt 2004, Crypto 2004, TCC 2006, FCC 2006, Crypto 2006, FOCS 2007, ANTS 2008, SCN 2008, TCC 2009 , TCC 2010 (PC chair), CT-RSA 2011, STOC 2011, Crypto 2011, PQC 2011, TCC 2012, Crypto 2012 Eurocrypt 2013 CT-RSA 2014 SCN 2014
- General Chair TCC 2014
- Member of ACM SIGACT and IACR
Current Graduate Students and Postdocs: Michael Walter, Leo Ducas
Past students: Fritz Schneider (MS 2002), Bogdan Warinschi (PhD 2004), Alejandro Hevia (PhD 2006), Saurabh Panjwani (PhD 2007), Vadim Lyubashevsky (PhD 2008), Scott Yilek (PhD 2010), Panagiotis Voulgaris (PhD 2011). Petros Mol (PhD 2013)