Statistical Learning Theory
- First day of class January 7th
- S. Chan, I.
Diakonikolas, P. Valiant, and G.
for testing closeness of discrete distributions. In SODA, pages
1193-1203, 2014. (for the L2 tester)
- Ilias Diakonikolas, Daniel M. Kane, A New Approach for Testing
Properties of Discrete Distributions, Foundations Of Computer
Science, (FOCS) 2016.
- Gregory Valiant,
and Paul Valiant, An Automatic Inequality Prover
and Instance Optimal Identity Testing, FOCS, 2014.
- Vladimir N. Vapnik and Alexey Ya. Chervonenkis
Uniform Convergence of the Frequencies of Occurrence
of Events to Their Probabilities
- R. M. Dudley Central
Limit Theorems for Empirical Measures
- Siu-On Chan, Ilias
Diakonikolas, Rocco A. Servedio,
Xiaorui Sun Efficient
Density Estimation via Piecewise Polynomial
Diakonikolas, Daniel M. Kane, Vladimir Nikishkin, Testing
Identity of Structured Distributions
Diakonikolas, Daniel M. Kane, Vladimir Nikishkin, Optimal
and Lower Bounds for Testing Closeness of
- Celement Canonne, Ilias Diakonikolas,
Daniel M. Kane, Alistair Stewart Testing
Networks (for section 4)
- Ilias Diakonikolas, Daniel M. Kane Recent
Advances in Algorithmic High-Dimensional Robust Statistics,
shortened version to appear in Tim Roughgarden's Beyond
Worst Case Analysis book.
- Clément L. Canonne, Xi Chen, Gautam Kamath, Amit Levi, Erik Waingarten Random Restrictions of High-Dimensional Distributions and Uniformity Testing with Subcube Conditioning (talk slides)
Homework 1 [pdf][LaTeX] Due in class Tuesday,
- Homework 2 [pdf][LaTeX] Due in class Tuesday,
Description: CSE 291 will focus on covering recent
results in computational statistics and machine learning,
focusing on problems relating to the learning and testing of