CSE20: Announcements, Spring 2017
- June 12, 2017: The second review session for the final exam (led by Prahal Arora) will take place tomorrow, Tuesday, June 13, at 5:00pm in the Auditorium on the first floor of the CSE Building (EBU3B, Room 1202). Note that we have previously announced during the Thursday lecture that this review session would be held at 11:00am. However, the campus did NOT have any classrooms available at that time and, therefore, the time of the review session has been moved to 5:00pm.
- June 9, 2017: The first review session for the final exam (led by Nick Genise) will be held on Sunday, June 11, at 2:30pm in Center Hall (CENTR), Room 113. The second review session (led by Prahal Arora) is currently planned for Tuesday, June 13, at 5:00pm. We are still waiting for an assignment of a specific classroom for this review session. Please stay tuned for a further announcement on Monday.
- June 8, 2017: Since we did not cover all the necessary material on functions in class, Problems 1.b and 1.c of Problem Set #5 are hereby cancelled. You do not need to submit answers to these problems, and they will not be graded. All other problems in Problem Set #5 remain unchanged.
- June 3, 2017: Please take a look at the seating assignments for the final exam, so that you are aware of your assigned seat in advance. The diagram of the REC Gym may also be helpful. If your name does NOT appear on the seating assignments list, please e-mail UCSDcse20@gmail.com as soon as possible.
Two practice final exams have been posted to this website here. Please note that solutions to these exams were never written.
- June 2, 2017: Two practice final exams have been posted to this website here. Please note that solutions to these exams were never written.
- June 1, 2017: The final exam in the course will be help at 7:00pm on Thursday, June 15, at the REC Gym. The REC Gym is located next to the Main Gym in the Muir College area. Here is a map.
- May 26, 2017: Since we have not yet finished discussing mathematical induction in class, the due date for Problem Set #4 is hereby postponed by three days. This problem set is now due by 11:59pm on Wednesday, May 31, 2017.
- May 20, 2017: Solutions to the midterms exam have been now posted to this website here.
- May 19, 2017: Problem Set #4 has been now oficially assigned and posted to this website here. Please note that this problem set is somewhat different from the one that was available previously on the Course Calendar page.
- May 13, 2017: Please take a look at the seating assignments for the midterm exam, so that you are aware of your assigned seat in advance. If your name does NOT appear on this seating assignments list, please e-mail UCSDcse20@gmail.com.
- May 12, 2017: Since we did not have time to cover Bezout's identity in class on Thursday, Problem 6 of Problem Set #3 is is hereby cancelled. This problem will be likely added to the next problem set. However, at this point, you do not need to submit answers to Problem 6 of Problem Set #3, and this problem will not be graded. Additionally, as a hint for Problem 5.b of Problem Set #3, consider Example 17 on page 270 of the textbook.
- May 11, 2017: There will be two review sessions for the midterm exam. Nick Genise will lead a review session on Friday, May 12, at 3:00pm in Center Hall, Room 101. Prahal Arora will lead a review session on Saturday, May 13, at 4:30pm, also in Center Hall, Room 101. In addition, the regular discussion section on Monday, May 15, will be devoted to midterm review.
- May 4, 2017: Since we will not be covering two's complement in class, Problem 1.c of Problem Set #2 is hereby cancelled. You do not need to submit answers to Problem 1.c, and this problem will not be graded.
- May 3, 2017: You can now look up your grades here. You will need a GradeSource "secret number" that was e-mailed to you. If you did not receive your secret number, please e-mail to UCSDcse20@gmail.com.
- April 23, 2017: As of April 25, all lectures in CSE20 will be held in Solis Hall (SOLIS), Room 107. The lecture times remain the same. The i>clicker frequency for this classroom is CA. There is no change in time and location of the discussions on Monday and Wednesday.
- April 23, 2017: All slides from the lectures presented so far have been now posted to this website here. Homework #2 has been officially assigned; it is due on Sunday, May 7.
- April 9, 2017: The office hours of all the TAs have been now posted to this website here.
- April 7, 2017: As stated in class, you have the option of replacing your lowest homework score by your i>clicker participation score. A detailed explanation of our grading scheme for i>clicker participation has been now posted to this website here. To make sure that your i>clicker answers are correctly associated with your name, please register your i>clicker by the end of the quarter. The TritonEd website for this course will remain open solely for the purpose of registering your i>clickers.
- April 6, 2017: By popular demand, a second Discussion Section has been created for this course. The new discussion section will take place on Wednesdays from 4:00pm to 4:50pm in Center Hall (CENTR), Room 212. If you would like to add yourself to this section, please go to WebReg on TritonLink, drop from your currently enrolled CSE20 A01 Discussion Section, and add yourself to the new CSE20 A02 Discussion Section. Please note that this must be completed by Friday, April 14th. After this date, WebReg will no longer allow you to add or drop courses.
- April 5, 2017: This website is now available as cse20.ucsd.edu. If you got here through some other link, you may henceforth use the above URL, which is easy to remember.
- April 4, 2017: The first lecture will take place on Tuesday, April 4, 2017, at 5:00pm -- 6:20pm, in Peterson Hall (PETER), Room 108. Be there!
- April 4, 2017: Welcome to CSE20! It may take some time to iron out all the bugs in this website. Please report bugs to email@example.com.
CSE20 Home Page