Leading Class Discussions on Papers
You should be prepared to lead a discussion on the following general questions:
You should also pick out relevant important sections of each paper
with regard to the above that we might want to take turns reading
aloud and discuss in class.
- What problem did the paper address?
- Is it important/interesting?
- What is the approach used to solve the problem?
- How does the paper support or otherwise justify the conclusions it reached?
Writing Reviews of Papers
You should write a short review about one aspect of the paper that
intrigued you or made you think, and that can be discussed in class
when we discuss the paper. It should be at most 1 page in
length. Possible topics are as follows, but feel free to choose
- Was the paper, in your estimation, successful in what it attempted?
Why or Why not?
- What did you learn from the paper?
- Is there interesting future work, or are there new ideas suggested by the paper for solving this problem, or others?