CSE 120 -- Homework #4
- Chapter 5: 5, 16, 24
- Chapter 6: 9, 36, 37
- [Silberschatz] What are the advantages and disadvantages of
recording the name of the program that creates a file with the file's
attributes (as is done in the Macintosh operating system)?
- [Crowley] A file system is the data structure that holds files
- Is it possible to have two file systems on a single physical
disk drive? Why or why not?
- Is it possible to have a file system that spans two physical
disk drives? Why or why not?
- Is it possible to have a file that is not in a file system?
Why or why not?
- The mount operation allows you to graft the directory tree
from one file system onto the directory tree of another file system.
Does this mean that a file can span both file systems? Why or