CSE 121 Fa 2000 -- Lecture 4 -- Oct 3
See class home page.
- Signal ``trampoline'' code. The BSD sigreturn system
- fork, exec and interaction with the
standard I/O library's buffering; lseek to hide the
- Traditional Unix text/data/stack segments. New BSD44 virtual
memory subsystem. mmap
- Memory sharing of text segments for processes with the same load
- Sparse address spaces -- its uses including shared libraries.
search CSE |
CSE home |
bsy's home page |
webster i/f |
pgp key svr
firstname.lastname@example.org, last updated Thu Oct 12 20:18:38 PDT 2000. Copyright 2000 Bennet Yee.