CSE 120 -- Homework #3
- [Silberschatz] Many CPU scheduling algorithms are parameterized.
For example, the RR algorithm requires a parameter to indicate the
time slice. Multilevel feedback queues require parameters to definte
the number of queues, the scheduling algorithms for each queue, the
criteria used to move processes between queues, etc. These algorithms
are thus really sets of algorithms (e.g., the set of RR algorithms for
all time slices, etc.). One set of algorithms may include another (in
lecture, we talked about using Priority Scheduling to implement SJF).
What, if any, relation holds between the following pair of algorithms?
- Multilevel feedback queue and RR.
- Multilevel feedback queue and FCFS.
- Priority and FCFS.
- RR and SJF.
- Chapter 11, Section 11.13: 11.8, 11.10, 11.24
- Chapter 12, Section 12.16: 12.12, 12.13, 12.20